Extensive Employment Mediation Experience
Employment disputes can drain finances and consume enormous amounts of time and energy. If your Texas employment case can be resolved through mediation, please talk to me, Carla Cotropia.
Employment Law Is My Specialty
At Cotropia Mediations, I mediate all types of cases, but employment law is my specialty. Equipped with more than 38 years of experience as an employment law attorney and courtroom litigator, I am board certified in this area of law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Most importantly, I have helped hundreds of clients resolve complex disputes through mediation since 1999.
I have mediated countless employment cases, including those involving:
- Violation of employee/employer fiduciary duty
- The Equal Pay Act
- Trade secret violations and violations of non-compete agreements
- Executive contract violations
- Wage-and-hour class and collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state law violations
- Race discrimination, age discrimination and national origin cases
- 1983 and 1981 cases
- Disability matters under ADEA including disability harassment cases
- FMLA and FMLA retaliation cases
- The classification of independent contractors and employees
- Gender discrimination, including transgender cases and reverse discrimination cases
I Can Answer Your Questions
Contact my office to make an appointment or discuss your employment matter with a seasoned mediator. Cotropia Mediations is based in Houston, Texas.